Recognize Food Allergy and WALK to Find a Cure!
Make a difference and join parents, children and individuals for the annual FARE, Food Allergy WALK, Saturday, November 15th in Plano, Texas.
Leo the Lion, Medical City’s famous mascot, will be a special guest to walk with us this year. Children of all ages will want to shake his hand (sorry, paw). We are happy to welcome Leo as a member of the Dallas Allergy Immunology team this year.
FARE, Food Allergy Research and Education, is a national, non-profit organization dedicated to food allergy research, education, advocacy and awareness. Each year thousands of people across the country join together for the FARE Walk for Food Allergy.
With the number of people who have food allergies increasing at a significant rate, this potentially fatal condition is a growing public health issue. The numbers tell the story:
- Food allergies affect up to 15 million Americans, including 1 in 13 children – roughly two in every classroom.
- Nearly 40% of these children have already experienced a severe or life-threatening reaction.
- The number of children with food allergies in the U.S. increased 50% between 1997 and 2011.
- Every three minutes, a food allergy reaction sends someone to the emergency room.
- Caring for children with food allergies costs families nearly $25 billion per year.
Join us at the Dallas FARE Food Allergy Walk Saturday, November 15th and say hello to the dedicated staff, parents and patients of Dallas Allergy Immunology. It’s not too late to join our team. Sign up here to join the DAI Team! Ask about your FREE T-shirt!
Oak Point Park & Nature Preserve Amphitheater
2801 E. Spring Creek Pkwy
Plano, TX 75074
Registration/Check-in: 8:00am – 9:00 a.m.
Walk Ceremony: 9:00 a.m.
Walk Begins: Immediately Following Ceremony
This is a family-friendly event that includes fun activities for the entire family. The Food Allergy Walk is a food allergy friendly, not a food allergy free event. Please remember to read all labels. We respectfully ask you to take your samples home to enjoy.
The walk will take place rain or shine.
Sign Up Now! SEE YOU THERE!